Creative Spark is a fast-growing digital specialist agency based in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Its key clients include Philips, Heineken, Kimberly Clark, Clickabet, Medscheme (AHL), ABI and ETV. The agency also publishes the renowned, award-winning memeburn.com. The agency specialises in three key areas: Digital Strategy, Digital Content Marketing, and Build (web, app development). Since the company was acquired by M&C Saatchi PLC (UK) in 2015, the agency has been experiencing a positive growth curve, and it is looking for senior digital talent to participate in this exciting journey of growth
Role & Function:
Reporting to the CEO and playing a key role in the executive leadership of the Agency, the primary objective of this role will be to help us build Creative Spark Johannesburg into a highly sought after digital marketing agency.
Leading the team and managing the front-end activities of the agency, the role will extend into ensuring the delivery of innovative creative, cutting edge strategies and superior customer service for the Agency clients, such that revenues and profitability are optimised whilst exceeding client expectations on conceptualisation and delivery of creative and strategic output.
- Drive and monitor digital strategy and production for your clients in conjunction with senior people in the company
- Ensuring Agency management processes are efficient, installed and adhered to via the various tools the company uses, not limited to its production system Magnetic
- Maintaining close communication and relationships with the agency’s key clients
- Setting and achieving annual budgets (Client and Agency) and reporting back regularly on progress.
- Generating enthusiasm and passion for clients and the work amongst agency staff
- Build, manage and lead a strong team of highly effective individuals via strong mentoring and coaching to ensure that they are fulfilling their full potential
- Structuring your team to ensure that they adequately fulfil client requirements
- Attract leading digital talent to the agency
- Lead by example and get involved in the everyday to build a business and be actively involved in building and evolving the company culture
- Source new business, translating client requirements, writing proposals, creating cost-estimates, managing new clients expectations;
- Identify business opportunities (up-sell & cross-sell) and together with identified key stakeholders, create proposals, quotes and pitches for existing and or new clients ensuring the company is represented by key staff with a world-class presentation;
- Build and maintain a strategic partnership with M&C Saatchi Johannesburg, ensuring a digital agenda and integrated approach / solution to marketing challenges where identified.
- Together with the support of the Creative Spark Exco team and your own team in Johannesburg take the lead in some pitches for the agency, not limited to ensuring the creation of the pitch presentation, strategy, quote and ultimate presentation to client
- Ensuring all time in your department is accurately clocked on a regular basis
- Solid business and management acumen
- Ability to lead people, delegate and get results through others
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analysis and resolution at strategic and functional levels
- Customer service orientation and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound project management skills
- Budget formulation at client and business level