Creative Spark is looking for a Creative Director for its Johannesburg office.
Creative Spark is an award-winning, full-service digital agency with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, servicing high-profile local and internationally-listed clients. The company is part of the worldwide M&C Saatchi agency network and specialises in Digital Strategy, Creative & Design, Content Marketing and Development. The agency also runs five award-winning, internationally reputed online brands, including Memeburn.com, Ventureburn.com and Gearburn.com.
We are unashamedly digital-first and are a fast-paced company that employs ambitious and committed people that want to go places, grow with the company and make an impact on the world. We are technology and innovation-obsessed, and continually in search for creative ways to leverage emerging technology to help solve business and marketing challenges for our clients.
The ideal candidate would be someone who would want to be part of our continued growth story, is happy multi-tasking, is pro-active, entrepreneurial, and a problem-solver. A solid understanding of the digital landscape, and creative ways of leveraging digital platforms to support campaign objectives, is required.
You are ultimately responsible for the quality of innovation and strategic thinking that you and the teams under you produce. This should be of a consistently high quality. You should be able to both develop and inspire great, fresh, impactful thinking.
You are the benchmark of quality and the standard of your discipline in the agency. Your ideas and attention to detail should be beyond question and be the envy of all below you. You are able to tell, powerful authentic stories, by harnessing digital channels for your brand narrative.
You will need to be able to present work confidently to our most senior clients and organisational heads. You will also be responsible for presenting your team’s pitch work, both internally and to clients. You will need to be able to present work right from strategy through to creative execution.
You will be responsible for all creative department production decisions, managing internal digital designers and copywriters, choice of suppliers and the quality of work you extract from them. You should feel confident having the final say on work before it goes to client and the media. You will also be responsible for inter-agency liaison and collaboration with external or M&C Saatchi group creative agencies where applicable, on pitches and client accounts.
Probably the most important part of your job. Rallying all agency disciplines, from Strategy, Account Management, Production, Content Teams, and Traffic, to get behind solving problems and creating great work. You are also solely responsible for the happiness, performance and motivation levels of the entire creative department. You are both manager and mentor – you need to facilitate and inspire great work. You need to have the excellent interpersonal skills and buy-in from all.
Additional key tasks & responsibilities
- Ultimately responsible for the quality of the work across the digital agency
- Drive the “Integration” agenda with the traditional agency in Joburg, represented by M&C Saatchi Abel. You will drive the digital agenda and digital innovation so that the combined companies can present an integrated offering.
- Mentor & manage the creative studio, and oversee digital design
- Ensure creative adheres to client CI
- Partner traffic to ensure smooth workflow
- Allocate work to teams in collaboration with traffic
- Inspire creatives and the agency about work and digital innovation
- Give recognition to and encourage those under you
- Do your own award-winning work
- Attend strategy meetings for new business and create proposals for clients
- Lead brainstorming sessions with strategy, client and creative teams to develop campaigns based on clients’ needs
- Be able adapt to an ever-changing digital landscape and utilise digital thinkers to fill in the gaps
- Your Success Measure: Is the agency’s work winning awards? Is the creative department happy and productive?
- Travel sometimes required
Additional skills required
- A passion for learning and always uncovering new opportunities in the digital space
- A solid grounding in the world of digital media and technology
- Understanding of how to marry digital and traditional media into effective 360 campaigns.
- An enterprising and entrepreneurial spirit, be willing to go above and beyond the expected contribution to a given project specifically to help ensure the project and everyone involved achieve success,
- Solid background in design (including animation & motion graphics)
- Minimum experience required for the role is 10 years.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Only applicants with relevant industry, role and language skills need apply.