Customer Insights Analyst
in Cape Town
Customer Insights Manager
Vision: To become our customers' favourite retail brand, deliver sound market and customer insights to inform the retail strategy and key business stakeholders, such that business decisions reflect the prevailing market environment, opportunities and consumer behaviours and deliver to our goal of using our understanding of customer to drive a leading customer experience.
- Support delivery of the retail strategic planning processes, providing robust, relevant and actionable customer insights, recommendations and commercial opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the Market Research team, develop marketplace and competitor insights that can be used to drive our strategic imperatives.
- Empower the business in their strategy and decision-making by providing the customer-view.
- Provide timeous strategic and operational customer reporting, interpretation and consultancy to the Foods Categories, C&GM Buying Groups and Loyalty Brand Managers.
- Stay abreast of global retail and customer trends and advise on their influence on our target consumer.
- New Initiatives - work closely with fast-reaction project teams to support assessment of customer opportunities
- Business cases - support the development of robust business cases with customer/marketplace analysis
- Champion the development of new methodologies and approaches that enhance our understanding of the customer, thereby adding the customer-dimension to business decision making
- Ensure that customer segmentation models are aligned and relevant to best deliver to business need.
- Work with external consultants to seamlessly develop new methodologies that deliver improved customer insights to our stakeholders, seeking opportunities for knowledge transfer, democratisation of information and sharing wherever possible.
- Work closely with Customer Business Improvement Analyst to rollout Qlikview Dashboarding and identify opportunities to productionise ad-hoc analysis requirements to minimise manual resource overhead.
- Proactively prioritise stakeholder delivery to that which will make biggest impact to objectives and KPIs
- Develop and mentor Customer Insights Analysts to successfully handover and operationalize existing & new customer analysis methodologies/IP
- Work closely with Customer Business Improvement Analyst to ensure accuracy and robustness of source data systems, and suitability of variables for analytical purpose.
- Overall accountability for all scorecard customer measures, their accuracy and interpretation - set annual targets in line with business strategic direction.
- Dashboards: recommend key customer measurables that can be tracked, and support Qlikview rollout to consistently report on these, driven in an agile manner aligned to business use.
- Report monthly to ExCo on the strategic customer shifts and SWOT for us as regards to competitor's customer strategies and market share
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of analysing information and interpreting/translating into non-technical, commercial recommendations
- SAS or SQL proficient
- Qlikview or other data visualisation software
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Database segmentation in a retail environment
- Business acumen: proven understanding of business environments and processes
- Ability to apply techniques in a practical way within a business environment
- Excellent communication skills: ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Presentation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem solving ability
- Process thinking ability
- Conceptual ability
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Qualification: Business Science/Mathematics/Statistics or similar 4 years (Hons) degree
- 5+ years analysis or consultancy experience in retail sector or relevant organization
- Experience in data mining and working with large databases
- Experience in a business environment
As a proud South African brand, we are committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions