Proofreader (Mid) RETAIL
in Cape Town
A well-known creative agency with large retail clients is looking for an intuitive mid-weight proofreader to join their team.
Their strikingly funky office encourages creativity! The spectacular views will let you find your inner chill and there are enough plants and living walls to keep you close to nature. Interact, collaborate and keep the creative juices flowing in the shared space.
The regular head & shoulder massages are only the cherry on top!
Are you a meticulous grammar guru with a scrupulous approach to detailed work? We need YOU!
- Ensure text is free of any errors (including spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and formatting).
- Fact check to ensure a text is accurate and correct.
- Rewording / reworking sentences to improve the reading of a text.
- Review content and style and raise concerns about inconsistencies.
- Create a checklist and work from it to guarantee consistency.
- Making sure texts are engaging and accessible to the retail market.
- A mastery of written English (spelling, grammar and punctuation)
(a degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Publishing definitely advantageous)
- A consistent fine eye for detail.
- The motivation to work on your own and to meet deadlines.
- Good judgement to gauge which changes are necessary in order to stay within the brand's house style.
- Familiarity with the production process for through the line advertising and content aimed at retail market.
- An ability to work within the style of the copywriter, rather than impose your own ideas.
- Good interpersonal skills, to build working relationships with your awesome co-workers.