Middleweight Graphic Designer
Sigil Design Bureau
MIDDLEWEIGHT GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Sigil Design Bureau
Remuneration: Negotiable monthly salary
Location: Hyde Park, Johannesburg
Education level: Diploma/degree
Job level: Middleweight
Our small agency is looking for a middleweight graphic designer with design experience in corporate communication.
Key roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work on established brands and implement them across multiple media and formats.
- Produce designs for corporate identity, brochures, presence branding, presentation template design and iconography.
- Take briefs from project manager, Creative Director or clients.
- Adept at following design instructions according to brief.
- Take design projects from initial concept to client presentation.
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Deliver design work timeously, according to deadlines.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Quality control all design before delivering/presenting to Creative Director and to client.
- Interpret the client’s business needs and develop suitable concepts to fit their requirements.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Develop concepts that are creative, while remaining relevant to client needs.
- Work both independently and with other members of the team.
- Ability to work on multiple streams of work at once is crucial.
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues.
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research and in consultation with Creative Director.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Strong computer skills: keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programmes such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator — additional graphics software experience is an advantage.
- Keep up to date with international design trends and apply that knowledge in the world of corporate communication.
- Ability to roll out elements for already established brands and material is crucial — this involves using techniques such as photography, illustration and computer generated imagery.
We invite applications from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Valid driver’s licence, with own reliable vehicle.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Self-motivated and passionate.
- Proficient in design.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Strong typographical skills.
- Vector illustration skills.
- Fluency with design planning like sketching and scamps.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creative work presentation.
- Have a collaborative approach and the ability to problem solve and think quickly and strategically.
- Work overtime when required.
- Creativity and originality.
- Able to work quickly without compromising on quality of workmanship.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and marketing abilities.
- Work well in a team or alone.
- Career-driven outlook.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
Qualification and experience:
- Diploma/degree in graphic design or relevant qualification from an established recognised tertiary institute.
- Three to five years’ experience in corporate graphic design (we will not consider any CVs with less than three years’ experience).
- References to be provided.
- Well-rounded in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Good Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of printing processes and experience in briefing photographers, illustrators, art workers and retouches.
- Web design and digital media an added advantage.
- Send CVs via email only, to one address, please do not cc anyone else in the company and please do not contact us telephonically. If you do not hear from us, your application was unsuccessful.
About Sigil Design Bureau :
Sigil Design Bureau