Head of Design
in Cape Town
As the Lead Designer, you will be the custodian of all visual elements that relate to our client's brand. You will be responsible for presenting a consistent visual execution of the brand identity across all customer-facing touchpoints.
These touch points include digital platforms & channels, delivery platforms (vehicles, warehouse) as well as print & outdoor executions.
- Visual positioning of the brand.
- Design of all key customer facing design elements on and off site.
- Sign off on all treatments of our brand across all media touchpoints.
- External vendor management manage all design related work that is outsourced to 3rd parties.
- Design project management ensure KPI's and deadlines for designers are met. Lead and coordinate design teams efforts.
- Mentor and develop design team.
- Ensure a consistent and high quality of design output. Tasks & Responsibilities: Set the overall weekly workflow of the design team & ensure all deadlines are met.
- Review the design teams work and ensure the quality of the work is suitably high Reject poor quality work, mentor and develop the designers.
- Work with the CMO on all major marketing initiatives which require design work & complete the design work in a timely fashion.
- Work with head of customer experience on all required website designs.
- Take responsibility for the management of tasks briefed from the CMO, and drive them to completion in a timeous fashion.
- Marshall cross department resources where necessary to get design projects implemented.
- Proactively and on an ongoing basis identify design improvement opportunities and push them through.
- Ensure creative is kept fresh and up to date.
- Manage briefs that come in from other departments and from within the marketing team and allocate working work accordingly.
- Degree/Diploma in design or related field and or tertiary qualification in visual design
- 3-4 years experience working in a similar role & managing a team
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good working knowledge of HTML
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills
- Proven success at managing multiple projects, schedules and resources.
- Strong employee assessment and mentoring skills