Digital Content & PR/Outreach Manager
in 11th Avenue
Hey you! You with the face! Are you best friends with Derek Hanekom?
Did you have to Google that? It's okay, so did I ;)
Now that you've caught up... let's get down to business.
Our client is a well-established travel & tourism company based in the Northern Suburbs (CT). We're looking for an all-round-hands-on, content savvy, gem of a candidate for this role.
This role is unlike any other as it approaches content more from an SEO perspective with traditional channels playing a lesser role. Fancy, right?
If you want to move beyond content and into a more sophisticated and analytical role then this is the job for you.
The nitty gritty:
- SEO, blog, newsletters ± 20% of your time ( Conceptualisation, editing & placement)
- Onsite ± 20% of your time ( Conceptualisation & development (inhouse & out) of long-form and visual media content. For instance, in-depth pieces covering every aspect of a traveler's ideas and queries)
- Networking, PR, Outreach, Onsite ± 60% of your time ( Project based content development, outreach, networking & PR around projects & exposing content to the travel/tourism industry both locally and abroad. For instance, taking a brand new product and writing copy for press releases, developing networks and pushing it to those networks )
- Writing occasionally & editing/proofreading copy from external source
- Research trends around both suppliers & competitors' digital activities
- Content audits both on and off-site
- Content quality assurance and process implementation to ensure quality
- Maximise the commercial and brand impact of content
- Ensure brand/editorial guidelines are place for juniors/interns
- Understand analytics and adjust plans/strategies based off data
- Performing keyword search volume analysis around trends
- Analysing and identifying data/content patterns to develop strategic content that speaks to the market segments
- Understand and work towards the goals and targets set for each brand through a strategic content-based approach
- Conceptualising & developing new content, strategy and plans
- Networking in and around the travel industry
- Outreach through a range of tools and applications
- Public Relations domestic & international through a range of tools and applications
- Bachelor degree required in Marketing, Journalism or related
- Min 3 year's experience in content management
- An understanding of digital marketing concepts/channels
- Travel/tourism experience & existing network a big plus
- PR / Digital agency experience a plus