Marketing: Product Owner
South Africa's biggest online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Marketing: Product Owner to join our team in Cape Town.
They are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard working people to join them. They offer a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you're prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
End-to-end ownership of the Marketing tools and Projects, from requirements, to build, to implementation and maintenance
- Root cause analysis of current problem / operational challenge we are trying to solve within the team.
- Logical problem solving to design simple, iterative solutions.
- Document business impact of solution, key user stories, business rules and key metrics to measure success.
- Drive cross-functional stakeholder engagement, addressing key interdependencies.
- Own overall project roadmap of key initiatives & prioritisation of all business unit technical requirements within engineering team (from small fixes to large initiatives).
Build, Implementation & Maintenance:
- Become the subject matter expert on the domain (e.g. what tracking and analytical tools are in place, how the team uses them, where we need to improve).
- Ensure that the development team is building the right product on agreed timelines and therefore delivering the ROI expected of it.
- Collaborate with the development team and other engineering colleagues, to answer queries in a timely fashion, and clarify details required for a successful build.
- Evaluation of the development progress at the end of every sprint to ensure delivery of defined use cases that meet the business expectations.
- Manage roll-out & implementation of product releases to business.
- Creation and maintenance of the Product Backlog.
- Management of priorities for maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge of code - HTML etc, and be able to brief changes to developers on a range of topics - from SEO, to tag management, to data layer implementations to get the most out of our marketing efforts.
- Logical, structured problem solving.
- Data Driven decision making.
- Results-driven, strong management skills.
- Structured thinker and process oriented.
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for data - be highly analytical, using data to inform decisions.
- A strong working knowledge of Google Analytics is required.
- Tech Savvy - have a passion for technology and how to use technological solutions to improve performance.
- Capability to present ideas succinctly in writing and verbally.
- A proven track record of driving significant business results from the digital marketing channel.
- Relevant tertiary degree (Computer Science/Engineering/Informatics).
- Experience facilitating priorities between business and technical resources.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a technical environment within the e-commerce/retail sector.